From: [email-masked] (Richard Munn)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 09:30:10 -0500

Greetings one and all!

I`m quite new to this group, so I`d like to take this opportunity to say hello to
you all. I have a question that hopefully someone out there might be able to help
with.
Sadly, as part of the work I`m doing, I have to use Wavefront Explore - this 
software is *not* my first choice as a modeller... I prefer to use Lightwave for
doing stuff (at home on an 040/40 A4000), and then convert it to DXF (aka Data
eXcess Format) so that it can be converted again, this time into Wavefront .obj
models. Does anyone know of a decent LW to Wavefront object converter? I`ve tried
using Pixel 3D on the Ami to convert to .obj, but Wavefront laughs at the files
and refuses to have anything to do with them.

Any ideas anyone?? Thanks in advance.

PS I work at British Telecoms research labs using a 6 processor Onyx Reality Engine.. The hardware`s *very* nice - shame Wavefront cripples it. I rang up NewTek to
try and get hold of a demo version of LW 4.0 SGI version (so that I could interest
BT in using it instead of W/F and 3D Studio), but were they having it? Nope.
Oh well, there goes another sale (or ten) for NewTek...

Richard Munn.